28 October 2006

How do you manage 7000 songs?

My iTunes library has over 7000 songs. Sometimes, simply due to the quantity of music and the lack of effort I've put into organizing it, creating a set of music to simply enjoy is a real chore.

The other day, I found a little site called MyStrands.com that has a very neat feature if you sign in and download their application. The "Playlist Builder" takes a song suggestion from you, then it looks at the network of users who are members of their service and compares your library to each of those user's libraries and sends back a suggested playlist. It hooks up to iTunes. If you don't mind sharing your library with the site then you'll love it. One day, I'll figure out what they are trying to do with the social networking part, but for now, the play list feature is enough for me.

No comments: