26 December 2006

RC Laser sailing in Alabama


RC Laser sailing in AL, originally uploaded by sailorbill.

I checked my RC Laser on my Delta flight last Friday night and sailed it for the past 3 days on Lay Lake in Alabama. Winds on Saturday were very light, giving me a first chance to get the hang of all of the controls and rigging on the boat.

On Chrismas day, winds were in the low 20's with gusts to 30. The flattened "C" rig did great! The effects of the sail trim seemed more pronounced with the small sail and big wind. What fun!

Now I just have to figure out how NOT to turn the boat into a submarine going downwind in that heavy air!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picture Bill !
Here in Holland I wait for a little bit better wheater to go out with my RCLaser.

Greetings,
Henk Versteeg
www.henkversteeg.nl