26 April 2007

Canton Repository Building HDR Photo

The Canton Repository
I'm still trying to figure out this HDR photo process. Here is a shot of the front of the Canton Repository in Canton, Ohio. Howard and I drove over for a visit on Tuesday and the light was really nice when we arrived. I had my tripod in the car so I figured I'd try the process where PhotoMatrix combines multiple exposures. Maybe I'm not picking the right scenes to get the extreme effects I see on pics tagged with HDR on Flickr. On the other hand, this is about what the building looked like in real life. The other thing I think will help is a cable release because at these long shutter speeds using a high ISO, I'm sure camera shake is still happening when pushing the shutter release, even on the tripod. Stay tuned...

Rumor has it that there a gold Pulitzer medal, won for coverage of a crime scene a year earlier, embedded in the cornerstone that was placed in 1927 for the Canton Daily News, the first paper to work out of the building.

No comments: