27 March 2007

Bye-bye Podcasts, Hello vLogs

Yeah, my AppleTV arrived Friday. Well, actually since I wasn't home Friday I had to go and wait at the door of the FedEx office until they opened Saturday morning.

Anyway... I got it hooked up via the device's HDMI port to the TV's component video inputs. Running short on inputs, I had to switch my HDTV to the DVI input because I couldn't play PS3 Tiger Woods Golf 2007 on anything less than the best quality settings.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

I just told a co-worker that I've already deleted all of my favorite podcasts from iTunes - Slashdot, NPR Tech, podcast411.com (I'm sorry Rob, I'll still listen on my iPod) and started scoping out video blogs.

Rocketboom looks great on the wide-screen though my wife hasn't quite appreciated this yet. (She says it is no wonder their demographic show that only 8% of their audience are female.)

We did agree on Reuters "Odd News" videos, but that one only comes out once a week. I bet that is all about to change.

No comments: